Skip to content
January 28, 2013 / P J Charles

Weekly Photo challenge: Love a year cancer free

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This week’s photo challenge is all about Love.  I think there are different types of Love and so I have pulled photos for all 5 weekdays of people, places and things that I love.

The photo is of my Mom.  Now marks her first year cancer free.  Our worlds shook two years ago when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.    I have always loved her hands.  Hands that clapped when we achieved, tucked us in at night, held us when we were scared…  They are strong hands – full of character.  In many ways I thought my Mom never looked more beautiful than during her battle with cancer.  Stripped of the trappings of beauty – just bright blue eyes – warrior like – waging a campaign against  her body.

Happy Anniversary.

13 Comments

1. Shirley Pritchard / Jan 28 2013 8:46 am

So beautiful…so touching…so much love!

2. Inside the Mind of Isadora / Jan 29 2013 7:58 am

poignant …. emotive … lovely

• pjcharles / Jan 29 2013 12:11 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

3. Jess B / Jan 29 2013 5:43 pm

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

• pjcharles / Jan 29 2013 6:36 pm

Thank you so much. She has been truly remarkable.

4. Amba / Feb 14 2013 1:18 pm

My mother just finished her 6th year cancer free. It is always so special when she calls me after every 6 month check-up, to say that she’s healthy! More power to your beautiful mother. Loved your take on the challenge-so moving and special! Your mother is lucky to have you by her.

• pjcharles / Feb 15 2013 11:31 am

Thank you for your kind words. I have been inspired by her courage and strength through the whole ordeal. Congratulations on your mother’s well being.

5. bluebrightly / Feb 14 2013 3:22 pm

This is a wonderful photo! I saw it on the Daily Post today. Great words, too – Happy many anniversaries to her.

• pjcharles / Feb 15 2013 11:32 am

Thank you for your well wishes.

6. Kathy / Feb 14 2013 8:55 pm

I love what you wrote. What a celebration – 1 year cancer free. Although I don’t know you or your mom this news makes me smile. I lost mom 4 years ago to pancreatic cancer. I miss her every day. I am so glad you get time with your mom. I wish you both all the best. Take care.

7. pjcharles / Feb 15 2013 11:33 am

It has been quite the experience to share this with her….. Thank you for sharing your experience and your loss.

Trackbacks